Cloud Computing is the new buzzword in IT Support Services
It has great potential and far reaching consequences for every business. Frequency is an accredited Microsoft Cloud Partner, offering Office 365 as a business cloud solution.
It could change how you pay for IT and remove the need for an expensive server, or servers, in your office.
What is “Cloud Computing”?
- Cloud Computing is a new computer architecture. It’s so new that there isn’t a clear definition yet, but this is how Wikipedia defines it: Cloud computing is Internet-based computing, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices on demand, like the electricity grid. No need for a server in the office. The concept is that you won’t buy expensive servers and install them in your office. Instead your server(s) will be out in the Cloud and you will access them via your broadband connection. We will manage them out in the Cloud for you.
- Eliminate Capital Expenditure
- Without the need for a server your up-front Capital Cost will be much lower or perhaps even zero. Instead you will pay a monthly fee for the use of the server resource and its support. Depending on the software author you may even be able to switch to paying for your main business application on a monthly basis according to the number of users you have rather than paying for it all up-front.
- Scale you operation without big capital costs
- If you need more computer resource or more users on your main business application you will be able to scale increase usage without capital expenditure. Just pay for the extra users when you need them.
- So what should you move into The Cloud first?
- The best way to move into the Cloud is 1 step at a time. This enables you to test the water and move pieces of your infrastructure in a controllable manner.
Here are some of the things you can most easily start to move into The Cloud:
- There really is no need for an engineer to visit your desk to fix most of your problems. We can help you via the Cloud and log onto your PC or server (with your permission) and fix your problems. It means that problems can be fixed faster, more conveniently and for less cost.
- Hosted Exchange email now works well in the Cloud. Putting it in the Cloud means that even if your office server goes down or something happens to your office you will be able to get your email at a different location.
- Online data backup
- For most organisations this is the easiest most cost effective way to back up their data. The data is encrypted and then backs up over the internet each night (or whenever you choose) to a secure server centre. You won’t need to buy tapes or a tape drive and it’s all automatic so you don’t need to do anything. We will monitor for you every day to make sure it’s running correctly.
- Hosted applications
- Today more and more software vendors are making their applications available across the internet for a simple per user subscription each month. The applications are accessible from any location with a suitable internet service.
- Instead of keeping your data locally in the office you can store it in the Cloud in a hosted server making it easier for mobile and remote workers to access..
Of course to make these changes you will need the right advice. If you would like a FREE Cloud Computing Consultation to see how whether moving to The Cloud would benefit your business and how you could start the transition please contact us.